General Childcare Resources
- Childcare Resources (non-profit agency)
Childcare/preschool Facilities Near the UW campus
- University Congregational United Church of Christ (UCUCC)
- UCUCC offers child care to children ages 6 and under. UCUCC is located in the University district on 45th street. This child care center offers “Casual Drop-In” services that INT visitors can take advantage of. Anyone is welcome to request days through the Drop-in care; however, space is limited and they may not be able to accommodate all requests.
- Instructions on how to apply to their waiting list:
- First register for their waiting list (via their website www.childlearning.org).
- From there they will contact your family regarding their specific child care needs; specify that they are looking for drop-in care for “X” dates.
- Receive and complete enrollment forms. Pay all applicable fees.
- Once forms are received and fees are paid, move forward with scheduling dates
- Dates are not guaranteed until the family receives a confirmation email indicating which dates have been scheduled.
- Families can request dates up to 3 months in advance.
- University Family YMCA
- Blossoming Buds Pre-School
- Cooperative Children's Center
- University Temple Children's School
Childcare/preschool Facilities in the Greater Seattle area
Adventure Kids Playcare - Bellevue (offers Drop-In services)
Adventure Kids Playcare - Issaquah (offers Drop-In services)
- YMCA - Visiting the INT during the summer? Consider the University Family YMCA for Day Camps such as Minis Camp, Discovery Camp, Outdoor Day Camp, Swim & Sports Camp, Specialty Camp, or Trek Camp. A complete list can be found here: https://www.seattleymca.org/programs/camp-and-outdoor-leadership/day-camp/programs
- UW Summer Camps - The University of Washington's Youth & Teen Programs offers enrichment opportunities during the school year and summer.
Lactation Stations near the INT
Please inquire at the INT front desk (or email email@example.com) to check if a private office may be available during your visit. We will try to accommodate if space is available
Kincaid Hall (next door to the INT, across the courtyard)
Lactation facilities are available in rooms 265 and 465. Open to UW staff, students and faculty at all times; open to visitors during building hours, from 8:00am – 4:30pm. Use of rooms is first-come, first-served, with no reservations required. Please note that these spaces do not currently include a chair or seating at this time. For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.✔ Sink
✔ Changing table
✔ Locking door for privacy
Life Sciences Building (Located on the other side of Kincaid hall)
Faculty, staff, students, and for those who are on campus for UW business. Please contact email@example.com to make arrangements. The rooms (LSB 122 and LSB 126) have keypad locks. We do not typically schedule these rooms, however, if there is an exceptional situation (e.g., a search candidate in an all-day interview who needs to use a room at a specific time due to schedule breaks), we will ask users to respect a sign placed on the door indicating time has been reserved.✔ Refrigerator
✔ Soft seating/Comfy chair
✔ Changing table/Countertop
✔ Sink access
SitterCity: A Bright Horizons Company - This company connects parents to local sitters and caretakers. Many of their sitters and caretakers are members of the UW community.
University of Washington Child Care Centers (serves UW faculty, staff, and students)