The closest ATM is on the ground floor of the Odegaard Library in front of By George. Enter doors on the south side of the building and it will be on your right.
The closest bank is Wells Fargo at 4100 University Way NE, Seattle - (206) 547-2811 but there are many banks in the University District. We would be happy to help you find the one you need.
There is an excellent used bike store just a few blocks from the INT:
Recycled Cycles Inc.
1007 NE Boat St., ph: 206-547-4491
Book Store (The University Bookstore) http://www.bookstore.washington.edu/
- Main Branch, 4326 University Way NE, Tel. (206) 634-3400, Mon-Fri 9am-8pm; Sat 10am-7pm and Sun 12pm-5pm.
- HUB Store, G03 Husky Union Bldg, Tel. (206) 543-5896 Mon-Fri: 9am-4pm, Sat & Sun: closed.
- INT Library - Room C-411. Please ask office staff about the procedure for checking out books.
- Suzzallo/Allen Library - Mon-Thurs 7:30am-10:00pm. Fri 7:30am-6pm; Sat 1pm-5pm; Sun 1pm- 10pm.
- Odegaard Undergraduate Library - Open 24-hrs from 12pm Sunday to 8pm Friday; Sat. 8am-8pm. Access between 8pm and 8am is restricted, so bring your Visiting Scholar ID!
- To check out books at these or any other UW library, you must have a Visiting Scholar Husky ID Card. This serves as your library card.
- Note that library hours may vary during holidays and academic breaks.
Exercise: Intramural Activities Facility (IMA)
To use the IMA facilities you will need a Visiting Scholar Husky ID card, obtained by having a Visiting Scholar appointment set up through the INT. The IMA fee is $7.45 + sales tax per use ($100.00 + sales tax per quarter). Facilities include a swimming pool, basketball, squash, racquetball, tennis and volleyball courts, weight rooms, saunas, and a climbing room. Court reservations are accepted and rental sports equipment is available.
Note: Rules and restrictions for visiting scholars using the IMA are the same as those for regular faculty and staff:
- Visiting scholars must have an ID card to purchase use of the IMA facilities.
- If visiting scholars purchase use of the IMA facilities, they may sponsor guests according to IMA policy.
- Spouses (and registered same-sex domestic partners) of visiting scholars may arrange to use the IMA independently at restricted times. This arrangement will require the visiting scholar and partner to show documentation of marriage (or registration of their same-sex domestic partner status).
UW Transportation: http://www.washington.edu/facilities/transportation/
Parking permits may be purchased upon presentation of your Visiting Scholar Husky ID card at the Commuter Options office, located at 1320 NE Campus Parkway, Tel. (206) 221-3701. The parking permit fee is calculated on a pro rata basis. Parking regulations on campus are strictly enforced. The Parking Services office is open Monday-Friday 7:30am-5:00 pm.
Bus schedules are available at the following locations:
- Commuter Options, 1320 NE Campus Parkway
- University Bookstore, 4326 University Way NE
- Lobby of the By George cafeteria (lower level of the Odegaard Library)
- Schmitz Hall, ground floor, corner of NE Campus Parkway and 15th Ave. NE
- You can also call METRO for schedule information at 206-553-3000 or access "Trip Planner" : https://kingcounty.gov/depts/transportation/metro.aspx. This website also has information regarding the purchase of city bus passes.
- If you are staying for a longer period (Ex: an entire quarter), you may wish to purchase a UW-subsidized quarterly bus pass, a UPASS. To get a U-PASS, you must first get a Visiting Scholar ID card and take it to Commuter Options, 1320 NE Campus Parkway, to buy a U-PASS sticker. Note that, unless you are taking the bus twice a day, you may not be saving much, if anything by doing this.