INT Program INT-18-2b
Advances in Monte Carlo Techniques for Many-Body Quantum Systems
July 30 - September 7, 2018
Bringing together scientists from the communities of quantum chemistry, condensed matter physics, nuclear physics, and lattice QCD to gather and exchange expertise and progress in all the aspects of Quantum Monte Carlo techniques for continuum and discrete systems that go beyond the mere application of standard algorithms. The program is organized around five key themes:
- Deeper understanding of the fermion sign problem and the trade-offs available in moving around the exponential computational complexity.
- Code bases for new algorithms; improving new algorithms.
- More systematic comparisons between new approaches and standard ones.
- Dynamics and other observables.
- Bridging the gap between new ideas and toy codes to a production workflow.