TALENT / INT Course on Nuclear Forces
Exercises will be added here as the course proceeds and revised or extra hints given as needed. They will also be handed out in the lectures, at least at the beginning. Suggestions are very welcome and please report any errors you find!
You may need to save Mathematica notebooks first, then double-click on it to start up Mathematica or else open it from within Mathematica.
Week 1 (July 1–5, 2013)
- Monday 1: QCD 1 and Scattering theory 1
[updated: 01-July-2013 00:35]
Note: this is a long set of exercises --- you won't have time to do them all right away!
[updated: 29-June-2013 18:43]
Mathematica notebook implementing the variable phase approach (VPA)
[updated: 27-June-2013 20:59]
Mathematica notebook solving the simple square-well problem
iPython notebook implementing the variable phase approach (VPA)
[Note: you need to register the first time.]
- Tuesday 1: Nuclear forces 1 and Scattering theory 2 [updated: 09-July-2013 19:45]
- Wednesday 1: Nuclear forces 2; Renormalization and universality [updated: 03-July-2013 20:17]
- Thursday 1: Cold atoms, QMC; Tensor, SO, deuteron [updated: 04-July-2013 10:47]
- Friday 1: QMC local chiral EFT; 3N forces and halo nuclei [updated: 06-July-2013 11:40]
Week 2 (July 8–12, 2013)
- Monday 2: Chiral EFT 1; QCD 2 [updated: 08-July-2013 09:41]
[updated: 08-July-2013 11:39]
Mathematica notebook implementing the variable phase approach (VPA) for the one-pion exchange (OPE) potential
- Tuesday 2: Chiral EFT2; 3NF 1 [updated: 09-July-2013 11:07]
- Wednesday 2: RG1; NN forces from LQCD [updated: 10-July-2013 16:11]
- Thursday 2: RG2; 3NF 2 [updated: 11-July-2013 11:27]
- Friday 2: Many-body overview; electroweak interactions [updated: 12-July-2013 11:33]
Week 3 (July 15–19, 2013)
- Monday 2: Many-body problem and basis considerations; MBPT [updated: 15-July-2013 10:22]
- Tuesday 2: MBPT, operators; neutron matter and astrophysics [updated: 16-July-2013 10:40]
- Wednesday 2: Operators 2, nuclear matter [updated: 17-July-2013 10:09]
- Thursday 2: [updated: 18-July-2013 13:01]
- No (new) exercises on Friday!