(Joint with Harvard's Institute for Theoretical Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics)
August 1 to 26, 2005
1) ULTRACOLD BOSONS (Bose-Einstein condensates, BEC phase transition, vortex lattices, rapidly-rotating condensates, ...)
2) ULTRACOLD FERMIONS (Fermi liquids, superfluidity phase transition, exotic pairing mechanisms,...)
3) FEW-BODY ASPECTS (large scattering length, Feshbach resonances, universality, Efimov states, atom loss processes, ...)
4) MANY-BODY ASPECTS (low-density and low-temperature expansions, resonant or unitary limit, molecular condensates, quantum phase transitions, ...)
5) THEORETICAL AND COMPUTATIONAL METHODS (generalized mean-field methods, hyperspherical methods, effective field theory, quantum Monte Carlo techniques,...)
Program participants will be assigned an office with computer access during their stay. Local support for the participants is available. We are planning to have about one talk per day in order to have sufficient time for informal discussions and scientific collaboration.
NEW DEVELOPMENTS IN QUANTUM GASES
Institute for Nuclear Theory
University of Washington, Seattle
August 11 to 13, 2005
Invited speakers include:
All workshop participants must pay a registration fee of $65. There will be a buffet dinner on Thursday, August 11, which is included in this fee. Please send a $65 check (payable in US dollars, and drawn on a US bank) to "University of Washington" at the address below for the registration fee, or plan to pay by cash or check immediately upon arrival at the INT. We are unable to accept credit cards; exact change is appreciated. Guests are welcome to attend the dinner for an additional $40 per person; if you wish to bring a guest, you must notify Nancy Tate by August 5, 2005.
If you do not wish to attend the dinner, the fee may be reduced to $25. Please note that you MUST notify Nancy Tate that you intend to opt out of the dinner NO LATER THAN AUGUST 5, 2005. If we do not receive opt-out notification from you before August 5, AND send you confirmation that it was received, you will still be required to pay the full $65 fee. We appreciate your cooperation.
Mail payment to: