NNPSS 2009 will be held on the campus of Michigan State University in East Lansing, Michigan, USA.
If you don't know where East Lansing is, here is a map
Traveling to MSU by air - two options:
- Fly to Detroit Metro Airport (DTW) airport. DTW is the closest international airport. Its one of the largest airports in the world offering a wide range of connections. Compared to LAN, flights are usually lower in price (but not always). The other advantage is that there is a nice bus service (Michigan Flyer) that connects DTW directly with downtown East Lansing, where the school is located. Snyder-Phillips residence hall, which houses the school participants, is within walking distance (about 600 m or 1800 ft) from the bus stop (see map for location of bus stop and residence hall). We strongly recommend to make a reservation for the Michigan Flyer. Alternatively one could rent a car one way to get from DTW to LAN airports (~1.25 h drive).
- Fly to Lansing Capital Region International Airport (LAN). This is the closest airport to East Lansing. It is a local airport with connections to larger airports in Michigan and mostly adjacent states. The airport is located in Lansing, approximately 7.5 miles from Michigan State University. We recommend to take a taxi to get from the airport to MSU. Flights connecting via Detroit (DTW) tend to be more reliable than via Chicago (ORD).
Traveling to MSU by car
- East Lansing is located at the intersection of Interstate 96, Interstate 69, and Highway 127. Here is a map with driving directions to MSU.
- Parking: We will organize parking permits for NNPSS participants. These will be valid for a specific lot/structure. If you plan to arrive by car and need parking, please contact Shari Conroy at email@example.com and let her know as soon as possible.
Location of housing for NNPSS
- NPSS participants will stay at the Snyder-Phillips residence hall complex on the campus of Michigan State University. These are student dorms. Here are some pictures.
- Here is a map of where to find Snyder-Phillips residence hall on campus. Here are more MSU campus maps.
- To check in, just enter Snyder-Phillips through the main entrance on the east side of the building off Bogue Street.