NPSS participants will stay at the Snyder-Phillips residence hall complex on the campus of Michigan State University. These are student dormitories. Here are some pictures.
How to find the dormitory:
- Here is a map of where to find Snyder-Phillips residence hall on campus. Here are more MSU campus maps.
- To check in, just enter Snyder-Phillips through the main entrance on the east side of the building.
Late check in
- The checkin desk at Snyder-Phillips will be open until midnight. If you plan to arrive later, please let us know as soon as possible . There is a security guard on duty who can let people in, but we need to know this in advance, also to have the keys and other information available for late arrivals.
- Room reservations have been made automatically for all summer school student participants for arrival on Sunday, June 28 and departure on Saturday, July 11. If you plan to stay at MSU within this time range you do not need to do anything. If you need to stay extra nights before or after the school please let us know as soon as possible (before June 12) so that we can make the necessary arrangements.
- School funds cover rooms for double occupancy.
- Rooms are dormitory style.
- Linen service is provided.
- Bathroom is on the hallway (common bathrooms for each floor)
- There is no wireless internet, but ethernet connections are available. Don't forget to bring an ethernet cable.
- Rooms don't have air conditioning. This is usually not a problem during the time of the school, but of course exceptions can occur. Please let us know if you have a concern with that, for example, if you are particularly sensitive.
- A full mealplan is included in the conference fee. Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner will generally be served in "The Gallery", an all-you-can-eat food court located within the Snyder-Phillips residence hall complex. In some instances, we will organize alternative meals - see schedule for details.